Red Cross Australia is looking for new volunteers to donate their blood.
You can be certain that when you give blood, you are really making a difference to someone’s life. Blood is vital to life and, for many people, blood donors are their lifeline. Currently, only 1 in 30 Australians gives blood, but 1 in 3 Australians will need blood in their lifetime. Every type of blood is important. Because type O is the most common blood type, it is also the most needed. Type O negative is particularly valuable because, in certain emergency situations, it can be used when the patient’s blood type is unknown.
We need 150 additional blood donors to make appointments to give blood at the mobile donor centre next week.
LifeFM Bendigo is proudly supported by:
The mobile donor centre is located at the Tom Flood Sports Centre – entry via Park Road.
In particular we need more donors on Friday and Saturday to help bolster blood supplies over the weekend.
We’re asking people to call us now on 13 14 95 to make an appointment to give next week.
Some Fast facts:
- “More than 25,000 blood donations are needed every week to help a range of seriously ill Australians,”
- “Cancer patients, pregnant mums, road trauma victims, premature babies, and people with blood disorders need blood every day.”
- One blood donation helps save three lives
- You only need to wait 4 months to give blood after getting a tattoo
- We’re open a variety of hours including some early morning & some evenings & on Saturday’s (in Bendigo)
- More information about the blood donation process can be found here